(Not associated with Reading Climate Action Network)
Celebrating local growers of Reading from the comfort of your home
If you love food, enjoy spending time with family and want to learn about how you can eat more sustainably, then you will definitely want to join us for this year’s Reading annual celebration of locally grown and healthy food on Saturday 3rd October. We can enjoy the day together (albeit from our own households) with recipe cards, online workshops, quizzes and much, much more.
We are pleased to announce that RG2 radio will be broadcasting the event live from Reading College for everyone to tune into at 12pm-2:30pm Saturday 3rd October. Don’t forget to sign up, if you haven’t already, to receive our Town Meal recipe card and activity packs delivered to your doorstep.
Our online workshops will feature topics including: How to tackle food waste; Eating Meat: Is less and better the way forward?; and climate change.
How can I get involved?
- Tune into our live RG2 radio broadcast at 12-2:30pm on Saturday 3rd October
- Make your own household Town Meal using our recipe suggestions
- Complete the registration form to receive a Town Meal recipe card and activity pack delivered direct to your doorstep
- Sign up to our online workshops via eventbrite
- Watch our recorded cook-alongs via our RTM YouTube channel
- Have a go at our Town Meal quiz and crossword
What’s happening at Forbury Gardens?
Visit our stall in Forbury where any surplus fruit and vegetables will be available for collection (until it runs out!) on the following dates:
- Saturday 26th September 11am-4pm
- Sunday 27th September 11am-4pm
- Friday 2nd October 11am-4pm
- Saturday 3 rd October 11am-4pm
As part of our live broadcast on Saturday the 3rd , RG2 radio are seeking local growers, food fanatics, participating households and local residents to get involved. Please let us know if you would like to appear on the broadcast to promote your community organisation, share your food related stories or any Town Meal recipes you have made!