Based on first-hand experience, gathered since our creation in 2013, our training draws on communications research, influencing theory, counselling techniques and advice from politicians themselves. The training provides you with the skills to build strong relationships with elected representatives on climate change.
In this two hour online training session, we will offer you tried and tested advice to help you be most effective in engaging with your MP, including:
- Recognising MP and campaigner ‘defensive behaviours’
- Understanding MP values across the political spectrum
- Finding common ground between MPs and campaigners
- Framing your ‘asks’ for the best response
- Using effective conversation techniques