Plastic Free July is a global challenge to encourage everybody to reduce their plastic consumption for the month of July!
So what actions will you take this July to reduce your plastic waste?
Plastic Free July is now one of the most influential environmental campaigns in the world. Millions of people across the globe take part every year, with many committing to reducing plastic pollution far beyond the month of July.
Data has shown that Plastic Free July participants:
- Reduce their household waste and recycling by 21kg per person per year (almost 5%)
- Contribute to a total saving of 940 million kg of plastic waste each year
- 8.5 out of 10 people made changes that have become habits/ a way of life
Here are a few simples changes that you can make this July to reduce your plastic waste:
- Buy loose fruits and vegetables
- Take a re-usable water bottle with you
- Swap a plastic toothbrush for a bamboo one
- Swap to liquid soap to bar soap to avoid single-use plastics
- Bring your own re-usable bags shopping to reduce plastic waste
You can join the challenge here.
You can also take Reading Climate Action Network’s pledge to reduce your plastic consumption and carbon footprint here.