The Reading Climate Festival has been a great week of events, all supporting the launch of our new Climate Emergency Strategy. This was a perfect opportunity for us, the ReadingCAN Water Theme. To present our Vision and plans for the 5 year strategy.
In our event (9 Nov 2020), I used the two main rivers of Reading to introduce the key issues that we face: the need to be more water efficient, and preserve our water supplies; whilst also being prepared for bigger and more frequent floods.
We have a fantastic group of people and organisations making up the Water Theme. I was very keen therefore to show-off the range of voices involved. Hence this is a whistle-stop tour…and hopefully very engaging presentation.
You can watch the 1 hour presentation here. Sadly my internet connection was not great, so it does go silent for a minute in the introduction to part 2. Otherwise, everything went well.
- Consumer Council for Water: http://www.ccwater.org.uk/households/using-water-wisely/
- Drinking Water Inspectorate: http://www.dwi.gov.uk
- Environment Agency: http://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/environment-agency
- Thames Water: http://www.thameswater.co.uk/help/water-saving
- WaterUK: http://www.water.org.uk
- WaterWise: https://www.waterwise.org.uk/save-water